Can You Loan Me A Stick 'A Beemans?

I couldn't resist visiting a bookstore to see what Warnings looks like on the shelves, so Kim and I met at Watermark Books for lunch so she could snap some photos.

As we were enjoying our lunch in their cafe, I looked up and something caught my eye. A couple of feet to my right (as you view the photo) is a display of Beemans' gum!  I haven't seen Beemans on display anywhere for years.
What, I'm sure you are asking, does this have to do with anything?!

Just this: On Sunday, I read what was, for me, the thrilling review of Warnings comparing it to The Right Stuff. As all Right Stuff (both book and movie) aficionados know, Chuck Yeager was constantly borrowing "a stick" from
Jack Ridley, his sidekick, promising to "pay ya back later" but never does. To get a "taste" of what I am talking about, click on this YouTube link. It is a running joke throughout both the book and the movie.

I am not a superstitious person, but somehow having a Beeman's display right next to Warnings seems like a good omen.

Bumped to the top again due to severe weather coverage. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hilary's Forecast Path Shifts West; Updated 9:20am PDT

Dangerous Travel Conditions - People Reportedly Stranded

Dangerous Tornado Situation Developing Tuesday and Tuesday Night