Yet Another Satisfied Reader

Hi Mike,

I finished Warnings last week. Excellent! I still wish I had been at WeatherData when Ted Fujita visited. I was studying at KU. Amazing how what I take for common knowledge was resisted so strongly. Ditto for airport microbursts. For [Hurricane] Katrina, "death by bureaucracy" says it all. It really was murder.

The Greensburg story shows that Kansas spirit. It is still a very moving story to this day. Many of those KC and Wichita stories are personal for me. My mother was a teacher at Katherine Carpenter school, and saw that tornado from a mobile classroom. In this case, since the building was hit, the mobile unit was the safer place. :)

It is nice to be able to chat with the author. First time for me. Now I'm rereading, esp the chapters close to home. Awesome!

Regards,
Jeff House

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hilary's Forecast Path Shifts West; Updated 9:20am PDT

Dangerous Travel Conditions - People Reportedly Stranded

Update on Tornado and Wind Potential; 12 Noon PDT