"Rock Star" Storm Chasers

I was asked yesterday about what I thought of the storm chasers from Discovery's Storm Chasers making commercials like the one below that is running at AccuWeather.com .






They also have a clever Budweiser commercial. I haven't been able to find a link. I'll post it if someone would send me the link.


My reaction?


First, you probably need to know that I loved the movie Twister. Many of my colleagues disliked it because it of its "scientific inaccuracies." I suggested, multiple times, they chill out because, "its a movie, not a documentary."

The fact that Reed has turned storm chasing into a business, is great as far as I'm concerned. It raises the visibility of meteorology and that is a good thing.  More power to him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hilary's Forecast Path Shifts West; Updated 9:20am PDT

Dangerous Travel Conditions - People Reportedly Stranded

Update on Tornado and Wind Potential; 12 Noon PDT