My Wind Energy Fear Comes True

For years I have been saying, "once the wind energy fad is over, the Great Plains will be littered with rusting wind towers." It is already happening.

To the many new readers of the blog: I started out as a big proponent of wind power. Unfortunately, it has not lived up to its potential. Too many maintenance and other reliability problems when combined with the fact that wind is least available when it is needed most caused me to reconsider my position.

While it may be worth continuing research into solving these problems, large scale deployment of wind power -- with the current level of technology -- is not justified.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hilary's Forecast Path Shifts West; Updated 9:20am PDT

Dangerous Travel Conditions - People Reportedly Stranded

Update on Tornado and Wind Potential; 12 Noon PDT