- At least 100 aircraft at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport have been damaged by large hail and more than 400 flights are cancelled.
- There appears to be at least F-3 damage with some of the stronger tornadoes.
- There were five rotational tracks in the Metroplex.
- The trailers we've seen tossed in the air weigh seven tons!
- So far, injuries have been minor. It appears that quality warnings may have helped keep casualties low.
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Metroplex Metronado Update
The threat of tornadoes in the DFW Metroplex has ended for the evening. In 2011, author Jenna Blum coined the term "Metronado" because so many cities had been hit by tornadoes. This seems to be continuing in 2012. Here are some headlines from the DFW tornadoes: