Thanks North Central Texas American Meteorological Society

My friend Karla Dorman came to the AMS talk.
Had a wonderful time yesterday evening addressing the North Central Texas chapter of the American Meteorological Society. I spoke about my investigation into the Joplin tornado of May, 2011, which is the subject of my book When the Sirens Were Silent

The Joplin tornado is one of the few times the warning system has not performed well during the last decade and I wanted to share what I had learned with the meteorologists on the front lines. Lively discussion back and forth ensued and lasted well after the meeting had officially ended. They even brought up the recorded weather radar from the Joplin event (after most everyone else had left) and we discussed the storm and warning strategy on a frame-by-frame basis.

I want to thank my friend Greg Story and everyone who attended for the hospitality. As they learned last night: I can be bribed with superb chocolate chip cookies.

Comments

  1. Hi Mike, thanks for coming and really enjoyed your presentation and the discussion afterwards.

    TJ Whitt

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure! I had a great time and loved the cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hilary's Forecast Path Shifts West; Updated 9:20am PDT

Dangerous Travel Conditions - People Reportedly Stranded

Dangerous Tornado Situation Developing Tuesday and Tuesday Night