Here is AccuWeather's latest snow forecast:
Now, the wind:
|European Model at 7am EST Saturday; via WeatherBell models|
Transportation will come to a halt as a result of this storm.
At last, some airlines are issuing waivers. United's is below (click to enlarge, go to their web site for more information):
Power outages are likely and there is the possibility some buildings may collapse under the weight of snow and the high winds.
How to Prepare:
As I asked in the runup to Hurricane Sandy: What would you do without power for two weeks?
Some things to consider:
- Get plenty of cash from an ATM -- in a disaster cash is king,
- Fill your car's gas tank,
- Get an inexpensive power inverter (Lowes, Radio Shack, and others have them so you can keep you cell phone charged from your car with that full tank of gas),
- Get essential foods and medicines.
- If you need to care for an infirm relative, move him/her before the snow begins.