Meteorologists Don't Study Meteors

"Meteorology" came from the Greek word that means "the things above" -- the weather. Meteors are studied by astronomers not meteorologists.

So, I don't have much to add to the fascinating story of the meteor that struck Russia earlier today.

ADDED: 10:25AM: Here is video of the impact site. Note: I have nothing to do with YouTube's ads.

Via AccuWeather, it is a fake. I apologize.



NOTE: A reader just sent me an email concerned about the authenticity of the above. I don't know. It is represented as the impact site. I'm swamped with AccuWeather Enterprise Solutions work so don't have time to sort it out. Caveat Emptor!

Comments

  1. Not the impact crater. This was a gas cave that collapsed and then the Soviet government lit it on fire.

    http://journeygeek.com/visit-famous-places/derweze/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hilary's Forecast Path Shifts West; Updated 9:20am PDT

Dangerous Travel Conditions - People Reportedly Stranded

Dangerous Tornado Situation Developing Tuesday and Tuesday Night