Still More to Cover!

Because of the East Coast tornadoes yesterday and tomorrow's derecho threat (see below for coverage of all of this), I am running behind on several other items I want to get to on the blog. These include:
  • Joplin wasn't an F-5 tornado
  • Issues with the enhanced Fujita Scale for tornado wind estimates and how mobile radar data fits into the equation
  • Tornado safety given longer lead times
I'm to get the right balance between covering these and the breaking weather of the day.

In addition, I'm in the process of writing two papers for the AMS conference and I'm traveling on business this week. Because I'm scheduled to change planes in the path of derecho, I'm being proactive.

I'm following the advice I give in my Airline Passenger Survival Guide which is the fourth most popular feature in the history of blog. If you are planning air travel anywhere in the Midwest or Northeast late today, tomorrow, or Thursday, I urge you to read it.

So, please check back with the blog. We'll get to it all. 

Comments

  1. If Joplin wasn't an (E)F-5, then that just tells us how deadly actual EF-5s must be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly what I am going to talk about, just don't have time to write the piece right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait Mike to read what you have to say on the Joplin subject! There is so much you offer on this blog for those of us who are weather geeks. I try not to miss a day visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hilary's Forecast Path Shifts West; Updated 9:20am PDT

Dangerous Travel Conditions - People Reportedly Stranded

Update on Tornado and Wind Potential; 12 Noon PDT