Apparently, It is "Mike Smith Day" at YouTube?

In an earlier life, I was a television meteorologist. This was sent to me a few minutes ago. I remember, we had a girl scout tour coming through and I took them outside to help them learn which cloud type was which.


If you want to see WeatherData, Inc. in its early days, scroll down. As always, I have been extremely fortunate to work with great people. In the video are Dan McCarthy, now NWS meteorologist-in-charge in Indianapolis; (now doctor) Erik Rasmussen, a noted tornado researcher; and Sherre Libhart (now Sherre Winkle) who was a great assistant to me and office manager.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hilary's Forecast Path Shifts West; Updated 9:20am PDT

Dangerous Travel Conditions - People Reportedly Stranded

Update on Tornado and Wind Potential; 12 Noon PDT