"Jersey Boys" Opened Eight Years Ago Tonight


If you visit my home or office, it doesn't take long to figure out that I am a huge fan of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons and the musical about their lives, Jersey Boys. Above are the items hanging in my office, my posted autographed by the original Broadway cast and the records autographed by the surviving Four Seasons, Frankie, Bob Gaudio, Tom DeVito, and their producer, Bob Crewe. In the middle is two bars of "Sherry" penned by Bob himself.

This evening is the eighth anniversary of the show's opening on Broadway. It is now the 15th-longest running show in Broadway history.

I didn't make it for opening night (a Sunday) but was there the following Saturday with Kathleen and Tiffany. I have seen the show ten times and love it every time.

The movie, directed by Clint Eastwood, is scheduled to open June 20, 2014.

Comments

  1. I was fortunate enough to have seen them in concert twice while I was in college. I am looking forward to seeing the musical some time in future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hilary's Forecast Path Shifts West; Updated 9:20am PDT

Dangerous Travel Conditions - People Reportedly Stranded

Dangerous Tornado Situation Developing Tuesday and Tuesday Night