Thank You, Judy Curry

As you know, I've written in the past about the demonstrably poor science behind "the hockey stick" -- the icon of the global warming movement. Dr. Judith Curry wrote this evening:

The climate science field, and the broader community of academics, have received an enormous black eye as a result of defending the hockey stick and his behavior [Dr. Michael Mann, a climate 'scientist'].  Its time to increase the integrity of climate research particularly with regards to increasing transparency, calling out irresponsible advocacy, and truly promoting academic freedom so that scientists are free to pursue research without fear of recriminations from the gatekeepers and consensus police.

I have had multiple Ph.D. climate scientists confide to me that they don't believe the "consensus" in global warming but are completely convinced they will lose their jobs if it gets out. There is great pressure on us to conform. Just this week, I lost an opportunity strictly due to my stance on global warming.

Judy, like yours truly and so many others, have been treated horribly by the (as she puts it) "consensus police." I haven't written about most of it because I'm a big boy and I can certainly take it.

That said, please read Judy's entire piece. It is here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hilary's Forecast Path Shifts West; Updated 9:20am PDT

Dangerous Travel Conditions - People Reportedly Stranded

Dangerous Tornado Situation Developing Tuesday and Tuesday Night